Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baguio Trip! - “The Climb”

I feel ecstatic as I stepped inside the bus that will bring me to the mountains, to a place where the cool breeze of air resides, a place where fun and adventure awaits me. We left the bus station at around 9:45am from the scheduled 9:30am, enough time for some of those folks whose shift ends at 8:45am. I was hoping to catch some sleep during the whole trip but I failed to do so. It was my first six hour trip by land. I can’t help but stay awake and make sure that I’ll savor every moment that I spend at my seat and take a glance of each and every place that our bus passed by.

I can’t describe the feeling I had when I first stepped my foot on the grounds of Baguio. I immediately felt the cool wind that touches my cheeks. Finally I’m here. I was with Len, Jajorie, Tony, Ice and Pj. It all started here, I mean our friendship. We don’t have some strong bond yet since we’re just new in the team though I can say that somehow we became friends right away when we moved in. I never thought this trip will bind us together and closer.

We spend time visiting popular places at Baguio. We took some good pictures at Mines View, wander along the street and strike wacky poses at Camp John Hay. We watched people as they walk at the Session Road and we even say a prayer when we passed by The Our lady of Atonement Cathedral. We also tried the Cinnamon Pizza at Pizza Volante and had a cup of hot chocolate at Café Klatsch (btw, Tony sang “Tattooed on my mind” with the band playing that night at Klatsch).

One of the memorable experiences I had was when we had a sort of open forum during our second night. We were given a chance to ask personal questions to each of us but we promised not to spill it off to anyone. Everybody has their own story to tell. Some had their story about their past relationship, current relationship, crush, and sex experience and even gender. But I guess Icey’s story is the most heartfelt amongst us. I never expected her to share her story about her life when she’s down. I never wanted to see anyone crying over something bad that had happen in the past.

I’ve had a lot of first time experiences during my stay. It’s too hard to enumerate all but I would say that Giligan’s Restaurant witnessed my most memorable experience at Baguio. I was able to sing with the band that is performing that night. I sang “Let me be the one” by Jimmy Bondoc. Mixed emotion is what I felt when I went up the stage picked up the microphone. I feel a sudden rush in my vein and chills all over my body. Despite that I’m grateful and happy because finally I’ll have my chance of doing what I love, singing. I may not be that good at it but somehow I know I can sing some good notes. I’m glad that my friends loved it.

My whole stay here is worth every penny. Very relaxing and stress free environment.
Wish I could bring my family up there.
Maybe in time..




Oh and by the way, veggies at Baguio are really cheap. I will always remember Jajorie’s face saying “GRABE BENTE LANG TO??” while holding stalks of celery.

0 comments: