Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mom’s got hospitalized again?

I was in the office yesterday when I saw that my phone is ringing. I saw my sister’s name (Carmi) appeared on my phone. I have completely no idea why she was calling me. I planned to call her back during my break time since it is not allowed in the production floor to use cellular phone, especially during your work hours. Few minutes later I heard my phone beeped (meaning somebody texted me) so I risk the moment of checking my phone and see who it was from. It is still my sister. She said that she was with mom and they are currently in the hospital right at that moment. At a glance of that message, I felt like all my blood literarily went up my head and suddenly I went out of control, I freaked out. I was on call that time and don’t know if I should drop the call and then log off, or should I finish it. Just so I can decide, what I did was to place the caller on hold and ask my supervisor if it is okay for me to go home and leave early. My supervisor grants my request and so I leave as fast as I could. Btw, I finished the call so I can leave early.

On my way out of the building, I received a text message from my sister asking me to pick up Chochoy (my niece) at home. They left the house without anyone to look for him. After I picked up my niece we went straight to the hospital to check mom’s condition and with God’s grace, everything went under control. The doctor said, my mom was diagnosed to have Urinary Track Infection and Throat Infection as well causing her to have a high fever and chills. The doctor gave us the medicine that my mom needs before we leave. I find the health card very helpful during these times; we did not pay anything at all. All expenses including the laboratory test were covered by the health card.

Now, my mom is doing okay, nothing to worry about. I just really hope this won’t happen again.

0 comments: