Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Glimpse of my 23rd year



Today is my birthday. I just turned 24. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and thought of things I have been though, things that made a significant mark in my book.

Last year was a year of adventure for me. I have been to different place I thought I can only see in pictures. I went up the mountains and feel the cool breeze of Baguio, fought the waves and swim in the depths of sea at Puerto Galera, then flew all the way south and felt the fine powder-like sand of Bohol.

I also made a lot of friends last year. I can literally count them in my hands but I know they are true. We’ve been thru a lot (I mean a lot) already and I know I can count on them thru thick and thin. This is one thing I can definitely thanks CVG for, because working with the company allows me to meet this people.

I was once an achiever. I always wanted to be on top. Every time I step in the glass doors of the office, I made sure that I will put on my signature on my works. I wanted to be remembered. I wanted to be recognized. Awards and certificate means a lot to me as they boost my confidence and morale. But all of this ended surprisingly bad but the experience itself taught me to be strong. I can say that that experience is one of the best and so far the greatest experience I can ever think of whenever I think of my days when I was still 23. I owe this all to you SIR!

My birthday wish?
All I can think of as of now is that I wanted to become a better person. I know I’m not perfect and I’m not the only one. In fact, everybody is. Well, I know I have been very bad and unreasonable but this coming year, I promise to make it up. I will try to improve myself and try to become if not best then at least better person.


I am looking forward to new experiences this year and I know that my best years are still yet to come.

0 comments: