Friday, July 16, 2010

When is my turn?



It was one steaming hot afternoon; I was heading home when I suddenly saw two guys at the mall. I thought they are just ordinary friends but my eyes gleamed by what I saw. I noticed that they were holding hands. I suddenly smile when I saw them. They seemed to be proud of what they were doing. I wonder where they were heading. Maybe they are about to go to some place where they could talk or probably eat. Maybe they’ll have a date or whatsoever. But one thing I know for sure, they are together.

I feel very ecstatic and happy whenever I saw two men together having special feelings for each other. I know some friends that are happily together and I often ask them how it started. Well, every one of them tells me their story and to be honest, I really adored each one of them. Also, it was amazing that those stories that you often see on the movie really happens.

As for me, I am still single and I am happy. But I don’t want to be hypocrite. I really wanted to experience the feeling of being in a relationship. How I often wanted to have someone who will restrict me from going out or doing something. I wanted to be with someone who will go out with me and have a dinner or maybe watch a feel good movie. I wanted to have someone who’ll talk to me on the phone for hours, even if I’m just talking about non-sense things. I always wanted to assume that somebody is waiting for me in front of my office building because he will walk me home. How I dreamed of a guy who will comfort me when I’m down and laugh with me when something is funny. I just hate the truth that the delusion of finding that person is really hard.

I have been on my own for 24 years already. I know how it feels to be alone and the worst part is that as time goes by, the feeling is getting worst. I always tell my self, good things come to those who wait. But how long should I wait. I’ve read some stories regarding the reasons for being single. Maybe it is indeed my fault that I am still single because I don’t go out often, I don’t socialize but I don’t know where to start. I mean should I change myself just to be loved? Am I that bad?

I guess I would have to leave it all to destiny (if there is such). So foolish of me, yes. Maybe I’m just confused or maybe I’m better off alone. Or maybe I just have to wait a little more. Well as for now, I am happy to see that people of my gender already had their chance.

As I close the door of my room, lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling, I wonder.. when is my turn?

2 comments:

myles said...

aw i can really feel the longing...each one of us wants to have someone period. maybe it's true that you need to find your own happiness. it will not fall on your lap charm...you have to find it. you need to exert an effort to see it...try and try and never get tired of trying until you got what you really wanted. you have my two ears...

FoxyJhay said...

thanks you so much mims! actually I consider most of your advises. It may look like I'm not exerting effort but I am. I really do. Its just that I am too scared of getting out of my shell.