Friday, March 4, 2011

War against Oily skin

Fighting Oily Skin topic is what I really hate to tackle here. I promised myself I will only come up to an article as such if I have completely treated mine. Ever since I became a teenager, I started having a greasy, thick, heavy and super oily skin. I tried using numerous products that promised to help treating my condition but none of them seemed work. A friend once told me to seek professional advice from a dermatologist but that would be very pricey so I am starting to save some money. Just so I make my time productive (this is with regard to my oily skin issue), I searched the net and checked some remedies that could probably help me cure this condition. I came across a lot of pages that suggests products to use and what-to-do’s to improve my case.

I was under the impression that if you have an oily skin, you shouldn’t be using any moisturizers because they will make your skin oilier. Man I was wrong. I read to some articles saying that if one has oily skin, he/she should still have to use a moisturizer. You just have to be careful in choosing one. As advised by the author, a person with oily skin should only use mild or water based moisturizer. You see the reason why your skin secretes sebum or oil is because your skin is too dry it needs to be moisturized. So a light moisturizer would greatly help.

Rest plays an important role in our skin. Aside from the fact that complete rest gives us the energy to go on the day, eight hours of sleep will make our skin healthy as well. According to that same article that I read, our oil glands are most active when we lack of sleep.

I have seen some products over the net that were recommended by the authors of the article as they contain some of the chemicals that you need to improve your condition. I don’t think you can blame me if I get a bit skeptical about this because again I have tried many products that didn’t do much help in my condition. However, I have to single out the product called Cetaphil. I heard good feedbacks from the users of this product so I guess I would have to try that. But aside from Cetaphil, I won’t be using other products unless recommended by the dermatologist.

Another thing that affects our skin would be the food that we eat. As suggested by many, we should only eat food that’s good to our health. Eating fruits and veggies not only can make you feel good but will make you look good. Remember, we are what we eat. Stop eating junk foods or fatty foods. Let us all live a healthy living.

0 comments: